Refactored from Item1783
My users are so sad that the CompareRevisionsAddOn
? no longer works after upgrading to 4.0.2. It gives a diff display which is very superior to the rdiff display. Since 4.0.2 we just get a blank screen when trying to use it.
The solution provided by TWiki:Main.SteffenPoulsen
and tested by TWiki:Main.KennethLavrsen
Took a quick shot at CompareRevisionsAddOn
, attached updated versions of interweave and compare.
Never used this plugin before, so I don't know if it displays as expected now, but it displays something. Perhaps you will SVN commit / re-package / talk to author if it works OK, KJL
Don't know about the view_cra, I believe the change should be applied to viewtopicactionbuttons.pattern.tmpl now, if wanted. If each of the single "<" should go to compare instead of rdiff, of course it's in lib/TWiki/UI/View.pm the rdiff should be changed to compare - though that doesn't seem to be suggested in the plugin topic anywhere).
Hey. It works. Wow. Thanks. You just earned yet another beer, Steffen.
I will checkin the changes and contact author.
Nice combo, this. Updated CompareRevisionsAddOn
to be 4.0.2 compatible, take them for a spin.
be merged with
It hope it already is, but would appreciate a check on it. I will remove the file from the plugin at 4.0.3 or new PatternSkin release (could also be removed and replaced with some doc explaining to get it from SVN, but for now it's a local copy in the .zip).
Btw: Saw you noticed the very black table
in the IRC log last night, would be happy if something could be done about that, I've given up on that [hint, hint]
viewtopicactionbuttons_cra is not yet merged.
- Huh! There is template-specific stuff in
Compare.pm (my $revisions). Not suitable for other skins, and it may break easily. It is even out of tune with pattern skin already.
- I would not put the 2 compare links in between their own separators, like
| History | Side-by-side |, but:
| History: Mixed, Side by side |
- Why is the newest version at the left, not at the right as rdiff does? The right seems more logical to me. See also the Wikipedia compare with the newest version at the right.
- When on the side-by-side comparison page, why is there a link "History" that points to
rdiff? Why not keep the links "Mixed" and "Side-by-side" with the current 'view' in selected state (not a link)?
- This addon should ship with
CompareRevisionsAddOnDemoTopic.txt,v to actually see the differences.
- Shouldn't pattern skin's More page be updated as well with CompareRevisions options (
compare instead of
- I will look at the table. It just has a very black border that is out of tune. It appears that the borders are defined by table cells. I need a css class around the table! So I can define in my stylesheet
I think it would be even better (simpler) if the History link would stay as it is (for the user) while only the link changes to a "Compare" page with 2 tabs: "Mixed" and "Side by side". The compare page opens the tab that the user viewed last (and is read from a cookie).
That way we keep the bottom links simple (without users having to know what is "Mixed" or "Side by side". And the interface stays consistent, which is nice for skin builders.
Is this still live? there seems to have been a lot of checkins, but no feedback. Assigning to Kenneth for closure.